Coronavirus Update for Our Friends and Family Throughout Tampa Bay
As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its variants continue to disrupt our routines and lives, Bay Area Heating & Cooling, Inc. is dedicated to being available to serve your family’s comfort needs. More importantly, we are committed to protecting the health and well-being of you and yours during this uncertain time. With this in mind, we continue to educate our team members and require them to:
- Wear a mask when entering a customer's home.
- Maintain 6' social distance between customers and co-workers when possible.
- Wash hands as often as possible soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of the elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations (iPad, iPhone), keyboards, door handles, etc. This also includes frequently handled tools and instruments.
- Stay home when feeling ill or showing signs of becoming ill.
Since COVID19 came to Florida, we have had calls from homeowners inquiring about indoor air quality products that are effective in controlling COVID19.
As the virus is still relatively new, the opportunity to conduct testing of indoor air quality products is still taking place. However, you will find a technical bulletin from RGF Environmental Group, Inc., an industry leading producer of water, air and food sanitizing products, related to the impact of COVID19 here:
An excerpt from the technical bulletin reads as follows:
“Is RGF’s PHI-Cell® and REME HALO® technology effective at reducing COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a member of the enveloped RNA coronavirus (subgenus sarbecovirus, Orthocoronavirinae) subfamily. While RGF® does not have testing specifically on COVID-19, we have validated test results showing 99+% reductions on similar viruses. These viruses, like COVID-19, are also ‘enveloped’ or protein jacketed virus types. If we can reduce these virus types, an assumption could be made that we would also be effective at reducing the current coronavirus at hand. Important to note that we make no medical claims.“
Bay Area Heating & Cooling, Inc. is working with manufactures and local distributors to offer additional protection against potential airborne and surface viruses.
As stated earlier, there has not been an opportunity to complete formal testing on the coronavirus. However, a Trane CleanEffects will significantly improve the air quality in your home by removing up to 99.98% of airborne particles, including those as small as 1 micron.
- NOTE: Bacteria and virus particles are commonly .3 microns or less and tend to stay suspended in the air longer.
- NOTE: CleanEffects can help reduce the presence of these potential triggers.
If interested in the REME Halo or Trane CleanEffects, please call us at (727) 586-6265 and we will be happy to discuss these and additional air quality options for your home and family.
The Bay Area Heating and Cooling Team
Useful links regarding COVID19:
RGF Environmental Group, Inc.
RGF Test Results
Center for Disease Control
Florida Department of Health
Bay Area Heating and Cooling, Inc was established in 2000 by John and Shaile Mulder. Our goal is to provide the best ac repair and maintenance services when you really need them!